Last month we were sick, really sick. All eight members of this family got a severe bought of the common cold. Thus, we read. Lots.
The Family Under the Bridge
A Midnight Clear
A Christmas Carol
The Witches
The Tale of Despereaux
I Am Number Four
The Power of Six
The Rise of Nine
Edenbrook:A Proper Romance
I had been promising the kids that we would watch the movies of the books we'd been reading. Just last night we streamed "The Witches" from 1990 and watched it with our kids. It was actually less scary then I remembered, but the kids thought it was pretty intense. Maddie fell asleep in Austin's arm (shocker that he fell asleep with her) with a blanket over her head. Maisie scrambled when it was too intense. Nick kept moving to the smallest hole between people he could find, he surely thought that if he burrowed under the couch the Grand High Witch couldn't get him. Andy conveniently got up several times to get a drink or eat a snack. Meg took it all in stride. I sat there cuddled with the baby on me and the children nestled around me. I liked it. And, I didn't even have scary dreams, like the ones I've been having about the Mogadorians in the Books of Lorien.
I do love to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
cute! we just did the same thing. We read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and then watched the movie last night. We also need to watch James & the Giant Peach because we finished that the other day. I will have to check out some of these other books you have listed and see if they are books Joseph might like.
My kids are obsessed with the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. No, they have not seen the movies OR read the books. I'm wondering if they actually sat through a whole book if I'd let them watch the movies ... probably not. A lot of decapitation.
I just ordered the Hobbit in Andy's book order, and I am going to tackle it as the night time reader next.
I'm so proud of you, this might as well be my accomplishment. I'm scared of Witches. Even now. Yeeeears later.
um I liked the part about austin falling asleep...shocker :) that is a babcock for ya!
Post a Comment