Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good Ol' John-boy

John came up with a great plan today -- a game of kickball in the park followed by a BBQ and swimming.  We spent a lovely four hours together.  Best memories: Mom would pitch the kickball crazily when the big boys were up to kick.  Cherie would yell, "STRIKE!" and Mom would do it all over again.  While swimming that same little mother and sister of mine squirt every member of the family, including the elderly (Dad lovingly got after Mom for squirting his parents, but she and Cherie just giggled louder than ever) and infants (at one point Kimmie and Olivia hid behind the grandparents for some relief).  I told them they had to get out of the pool and spend some time on the side, so they squirt me.  I suppose it is best that I am an inferior to both, because they would never obey me as their superior, and I don't need two more kids of THAT kind...Just so much fun.





5 comments:

Natalie said...

Left. OUT! Thanks for the present!

Natalie said...

*post.

kim said...

I have to defend myself a little bit. I only squirted the grandparents because I was aiming at Nick and he dropped something and bent down just as I shot at him--I missed him, hit the grandparents and got in trouble all within two seconds.

kim said...

Plus, I haven't giggled that hard with Cherie for a long time. So much fun.

Ashley said...

So this is what it's like to read about and see a whole lot of fun going on without being there. I hate it!