First we drove the children to Nelsons' house, who cared for our babies perfectly. Thank you to them for making this possible.
Then we headed to Seattle. We spent a wonderful evening with Diane -- pictures at Alkai Beach, shopping, dinner and a movie. Simply a perfect pleasure spending time with her. We then took the red-eye from Seattle to Miami.
Seattle sky line.
Maimi sky line.
We cruised on the Norwegian Pearl (picture from Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas).
The Pearl had a bowling alley.
It also had a rock wall.
Austin climbed the most advanced route in 28 seconds.
We spent many hours on deck reading. One day we read 6 hours, without being interrupted! (Reading list in another post.)
Every night we spent hours eating. We learned that the average cruiser gains two pounds per day -- Austin didn't gain a pound, even though he finished off my cuisine every night. One night he took my food before I was finished, but we were at a group table so I couldn't say anything. I gave him an earful afterward........
We were asked several times if we were on our honeymoon. The questioner was shocked at our response -- ten years and five kids.
We stopped in the Dominican Republic, we took a taxi to some waterfalls.
Of course Austin climbed the falls, just like the natives, and jumped in. Next time I'll try it......
We then headed to St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., we spent about 5 hours snorkeling and relaxing on the beach. Ahhh.
Then on to Tortola, B.V.I, we snorkeled once again. Austin found and broke open this coconut. We had Smugglers Cove to ourselves for the entire morning. We also rented a scooter and spent six hours exploring the island.
Every two years a perfect span of time to truly vacay. Austin and I spent much of our time laughing and relaxing. I heart cruising; I heart Austin most of all.
8 comments:
We love St. Thomas and Tortola!!!! Glad you guys had a great time!
I'm so jealous. It looks like so much fun. I hope me and Russell get to go on a cruise someday.
WOW! Amazing pictures! Why didn't I look at the lot of them?
I am jealous! We heart cruising & should go together sometime!! I want to go for my 40th in 4 years, so start saving!
Poor Coconut... spending it's days relaxing in the sun, growing a tiny perfect pool of sweet milk inside.
And then comes Austin. A cruise taker not contentent to stay on the regular path, and explorer with his wife and a desire to taste something authentic.
What chance did this poor coconut stand against a waterfall jumper with a hyper accelerated metabolism? None. None at all.
I hope you were able to get some sleep in somewhere. I just have to say that I love Austin's reading 'costume?'
How fun! St. John (next to St. John) is my favorite place in the world. Your pic looked like it could be there, did you take a water taxi? I'm glad you guys had so much fun.
Looks like a dream! We want to do one...it will be a little while though:) Glad you got some time away!
Post a Comment